Monday 24 October 2011

Horrid Henry

Hi You All

Took my kids and some of my elder son's friends to see the Horrid Henry film today.  Elder son had a lovely time - he was really in his element.  So that was nice.  I love watching him when he is animated.  He has the most beautiful smile, all the more precious because it is quite rare - at least in comparison to Toddler, who is a ray of sunshine, with a permanent beam. 

Toddler is sweet too.  If I call him names, 'Pumpkin' or 'Sausage' or whatever it might be ('Stinky' this evening, when he was refusing to have a bath, which epithet made him giggle delightedly) he says, 'I am not a ......(insert term of endearment)....I am your darling'.  Which he is. 

It is the half term holiday here, and I can tell that it is going to go far too fast.  I haven't arranged a lot of things to do, but at least one thing for each day - friends coming to play, arrangements to meet other friends for walks, that sort of thing.  I wish the half term was two weeks long...

I have a bit of writing to do - a theatre review, a job application to complete.  I am going to knuckle down in a moment.  I did do the job application the other day, but didn't send it in, and now want to look it over and improve it if possible. 

I am disappointed that Rethink have turned down my offer to help at their campaign next Tuesday.  They had enough volunteers already apparently.  Huh.  Still, I wish them luck with it.  Look out in the media, guys, for details of the 'Unhappy Birthday Schizophrenia' campaign on the 1st November, in London.  I could have been there!

Anyway, hope you are all well and happy.  I am in half term mode now, but will try and check in with some semi-intelligent posts over the next week or so.  All the best,

Louise x

2 comments:

  1. I have stopped volunteering at the soup kitchen because I would get annoyed that people at church were always "desperately" looking for volunteers, and then when I showed up there were too many people. Be glad Rethink had the good sense to turn people away.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're right, of course. I was a bit hurt, because I was VOLUNTEERING and they didn't want me, and I thought I would be so good for them! But they probably had loads of people who are just as good and who live more locally.

    ReplyDelete