Wednesday 25 February 2015

New Blog on Huffington Post today

Here's a link to my blog post on 'How to Recover from a Nervous Breakdown' in the UK Huffington Post today:

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/louise-gillett/recovering-from-a-nervous-breakdown_b_6742854.html


And the other thing is - I am having laser eye surgery - tomorrow!

I can hardly believe it, but in 24 hours from now I should have no further need for contact lenses or glasses.  I have been wearing my contacts for thirty years!  Yes, I am THAT old....

I have thought about having this done for a long time.  The main reasons I have not gone ahead before now are cowardice and cost.

But as for the cost - I am having the surgery with the help of interest-free credit, it's not a huge expense (about ten per cent of what it would have cost when I was young) and it's spread out over eighteen months.  Factoring in the cost of lenses and glasses the surgery will have paid for itself in about five years.

As for the cowardice - well, sometimes I feel the need to face my fears.  I think the result will be worth it.

I will post on here about the surgery after it's done.  Keep your fingers crossed for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment